Do you want a high-flying corporate career working for the world’s largest air services provider, based in Perth?
We are seeking a dedicated individual with experience in a similar role to join our Facilities team in Perth on full-time basis.
More about this role:
As Maintenance Handyman, you will have a solutions-driven attitude, excellent organizational skills, strong all around 'handyman' capabilities, and the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders.
Reporting to the Business Manager of the Facility, the primary responsibility of this position is to work with the internal and external maintenance teams to schedule maintenance jobs through Max system.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Responsible for proactively monitoring the progress of maintenance jobs and provide updates to internal customers of the status of their job.
- Respond to facility equipment and services breakdowns.
- Ensure all services and equipment are in working condition at the start of each day.
- Record maintenance and breakdown times.
- Ensure equipment and services availability for production.
- Manage and issue preventative maintenance requirements for all contractors.
- Carry out or facilitate preventative maintenance on all equipment and services.
- Catalogue and order spare parts.
- Assist & maintain the Engineering document library.
- Raising of Purchase Orders and processing invoices through to receipts and assisting with invoice queries.
- Monitor, record and control water treatment systems.
- Role model dnata catering values: safety and security, performance driven, delighting customers, imagination, respect and service excellence.
- Contribute to a safety-first environment and work within Workplace Health and Safety policies, procedures and guidelines at all times.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Evidence of successful team leadership and membership.
- Dynamic, highly motivated and innovative.
- Proven track record in achieving KPIs.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work within strict time scales.
- Ability to communicate with operational staff, team leaders, suppliers and contractors regarding equipment and services.
- Willingness to learn new systems.
- Ability to obtain ASIC card.
- Customer focused with an ability to build constructive and effective working relationships in formal and informal networks.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Free onsite parking, meals, and uniforms.
- Career development and progression.
- Be part of a close knit and dedicated team that are committed to excellence.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance, and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 15 catering facilities across 9 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? You can watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
To start the journey of joining our corporate team, click the link below and upload your resume, a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role, and some samples of your work.