Do you want a high-flying corporate career working for the world’s largest air services provider, based in Perth?
We have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Health, Safety & Environment Senior Advisor to join our team on a full-time basis at Perth Airport.
More about this role:
Reporting to the National HSE Manager, you will assist with the processes associated with Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and be responsible for the co-ordination of rehabilitation and timely return to work of injured and/or ill employees at the local business unit.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Assist with any workplace safety improvement plans, initiatives identified and delivered, leading to improvements in safety performance.
- Assist with the identification, mitigation and investigation of hazards/ incidents and the reporting in accordance with relevant health and safety Standards and Legislation.
- Assist in effective monitoring of health and safety performance including working with external auditors and undertaking internal audits, safety inspections to ensure legal compliance, best practice and continual improvement.
- Have complete understanding of and adhere to dnata catering policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records, database and the prompt reporting of hazards.
- Provide prompt rehabilitation and return to work support for all work related and non-work-related injuries.
- The first point of contact for injured employees and supervisors immediately following injury.
- Triaging injuries in conjunction with the injured employee and supervisor to ensure appropriate medical treatment is coordinated and available, as well as, attending initial doctors’ consultations with injured workers.
- Coordinating communication with any additional rehabilitation providers, the insurer and business unit.
- The development and maintenance of return to work plans appropriate to an injured employee’s capacity and available duties.
- Develop understanding among line managers of Legislative obligations and the benefits of rehabilitating injured/ill employees.
- Coordinate the completion of all necessary paperwork to assist in prompt claim lodgment and early intervention.
- Maintain records in accordance with legislative requirements within the Injury Management system.
- Assist and coach Supervisors and Business Unit Managers to build a positive rehabilitation and return to work environment that facilitates positive return to work outcomes.
- Prepare monthly reports for key stakeholders on current injuries and illnesses.
- Carry out additional duties as may be reasonably requested by Senior Management.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Formal Qualification is desirable.
- Demonstrated success in a similar role.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Understanding of State applicable Health, Safety & Environment and Workers’ compensation schemes (case management experience will be highly regarded).
- Competent in documentation and records management using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Current full driver license.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Free onsite parking, meals, and uniforms.
- Career development and progression.
- Be part of a close knit and dedicated team that are committed to excellence.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance, and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 15 catering facilities across 9 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? You can watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
To start the journey of joining our corporate team, click the link below and upload your resume, a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role, and some samples of your work.