Australian aviation is in the midst of the largest ramp up in history. Do you want to help us reconnect Australia with the world? Join our Coolangatta airport team as an Apprentice Pastry Chef in a permanent full-time position.
More about this role:
In partnership with Australia's leading apprenticeship management experts, MEGT, we currently have apprenticeship opportunities available for current dnata catering employees looking to upskill or reskill as a Pastry Chef completed in our Coolangatta Bakery.
What do you need to be successful in securing an Apprenticeship with us:
- A passion and overall interest in the in-flight catering industry and a desire to turn your passion into a career.
- Superior presentation with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Enthusiastic team member with a “can do” attitude.
- Be reliable and punctual, have a friendly personality and enjoy working within a diverse team.
- Have the ability and means of transport to get to the workplace and TAFE during the hours required.
- A desire to learn and willingness to work hard.
- An acceptance of flexible working hours and the ability to work a rotating roster if required.
- Certificate I or II in Hospitality would be considered an advantage.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) from current positions may assist in fast tracking your qualification.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a close knit & dedicated team that is committed to safety.
- Competitive pay rates and penalties.
- Free onsite parking, meals, and uniforms.
- Career development and progression, coupled with national relocation opportunities.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
- Work alongside and learn from fully qualified and highly experienced Pastry Chefs.
- Gain industry leading experience in commercial cookery, with a focus on high quality presentation.
- Develop your creative culinary skills preparing cakes, pastries and desserts.
- Be mentored by a team of international award-winning culinary experts.
- Have access to and the support of a network of industry leading experts and culinary resources.
- Earn above industry award rates.
- Take part in Apprentice Pastry and Bakery Competitions and develop a long-term career in In-flight Catering and Commercial Baking.
Our Apprenticeship Program is an excellent opportunity for anyone truly passionate about culinary and looking for development opportunities!
If you would like to apply for our Apprenticeship Program, please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Please be sure to include a covering letter addressing the key criteria outlined above and include as the first page of your application.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 15 catering facilities across 9 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? You can watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Click the link below and upload your resume to start on the journey of joining the dnata catering family as an Apprentice Pastry Chef.