Australian aviation is in the midst of the largest ramp up in history. Do you want to help us reconnect Australia with the world? Join our Brisbane airport team as a Catering Attendant in a permanent full-time position.
So, what does a typical day look like?
As a Catering Attendant, you’re an integral member of our team, working across a range of areas to prepare all elements required to deliver a memorable dining experience for passengers onboard our airline customers flights. To do this, you perform a variety of roles across our kitchen, bar make up, and wash areas.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Food handling, plating meals, and meal tray set, ensuring presentation specifications are met using our visual guides.
- Stocking airline carts with dry store items including equipment, packaged snacks, and beverages.
- Loading and unloading our wash lines, ensuring that all cutlery, crockery, and glassware are in perfect condition.
- Compliance with food safety and HACCP guidelines, and adherence to hygiene standards and cleaning schedules.
- Communicate and coordinate with team members to ensure delivery timelines are met.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Sound numerical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as move and lift items.
- Ability to work shift work across a 7-day roster.
- Neat and tidy presentation.
- Sound knowledge of food hygiene and HACCP (desired but not essential).
- Basic knife skills (desired but not essential).
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a close knit & dedicated team that is committed to safety.
- Competitive pay rates and penalties.
- Free onsite parking, meals, and uniforms.
- Career development and progression, coupled with national relocation opportunities.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
We provide you with training, certification, and support to set you up for success in your new role.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 15 catering facilities across 9 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? You can watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you.
Please apply using the link below & upload your resume, along with short cover letter outlining your skills, experience & why you would like to join the dnata catering family as a Catering Attendant.