Do you want a high-flying corporate career working for the world’s largest air services provider, based in Sydney?
We are seeking an innovative and handy individual with experience in a similar role to join our team in Sydney on a full-time basis. As Maintenance Handyman, you will be customer focused and highly motivated to tackle all service and maintenance requests.
More about this role:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Handyman is responsible for ensuring the efficient completion of daily tasks as per the Site Maintenance Program.
You will respond to all facility handy-man repairs including facility equipment and service breakdowns, and manage preventative maintenance requirements for all contractors.
This is a hands-on role requiring you to roll up your sleeves and ensure site operations are running smoothly and effectively.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Respond to facility equipment and services breakdowns.
- Ensure all services and equipment are in working condition at the start of each day.
- Record maintenance and breakdown times.
- Ensure equipment and services availability for production.
- Manage and issue preventative maintenance requirements within the MEX for all contractors.
- Carry out or facilitate preventative maintenance on all equipment and services.
- Catalogue and order spare parts.
- Assist & maintain the Engineering document library.
- Ensure correct filing of all compliance documentation.
- Raising of Purchase Orders and processing invoices through to receipts and respond to invoice queries.
- Monitor, record and control water treatment systems.
- Role model dnata catering values: safety and security, performance driven, delighting customers, imagination, respect and service excellence.
- Contribute to a safety-first environment and work within Workplace Health and Safety policies, procedures and guidelines at all times.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Demonstrated success in a similar role.
- Evidence of successful team leadership and membership.
- Dynamic, highly motivated and innovative.
- Proven track record in achieving KPIs.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work within strict time scales.
- Ability to communicate with operational staff, team leaders, suppliers and contractors regarding equipment and services.
- Willingness to learn new systems.
- Customer focused with an ability to build constructive and effective working relationships in formal and informal networks.
- Ability to obtain ASIC card.
- Forklift license or ability to obtain one if necessary.
- Proven history of working with Computer based Maintenance Management Systems.
- Experience with steel wielding repairs and general “handyman” repairs.
- Demonstrated experience as a trade’s person within a food manufacturing facility highly regarded.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Free onsite parking, meals, and uniforms.
- Career development and progression.
- Be part of a close knit and dedicated team that are committed to excellence.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance, and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 15 catering facilities across 9 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? You can watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
To start the journey of joining our corporate team, click the link below and upload your resume, a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role, and some samples of your work.