Australian aviation is in the midst of the largest ramp up in history. Do you want to help us reconnect Australia with the world? Join our Sydney airport team as a Japanese Speciality Chef in a permanent full-time position.
We are looking for a highly curated Japanese Specialty Chef to join our busy catering unit in Sydney Airport on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in large multi-function, high-end venues and experience producing consistent, high quality culinary items.
More about this role:
As a Japanese Specialty Chef, you will be responsible for planning and directing food preparation in our kitchens for our client's Japanese meals. This will involve supervising a team of kitchen staff, as well as managing daily operational issues.
You will be responsible for assisting our Executive Chef in charge of Production to plan, develop and cost menus and liaise with our Japanese clientele on requirements and specific orders.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Preparation and production of traditional Japanese cuisine (hot & cold).
- Delivering large volumes of food (commercial quantities) for our clients.
- Ensuring efficient management of goods, produce and minimizing wastage.
- Ensuring your Kitchen section is properly organized, staffed and directed.
- Ordering required food and equipment daily to satisfy the production plan.
- Providing decisive leadership and on the job training to Kitchen team members.
- Executing and supervising food production, packing & tray-set activities.
- Preparing complex meals or dishes to specifications provided (including dietaries).
- Monitoring and ensuring KPI compliance across the business, including recipe specifications, HACCP audit and Food Safety standards.
- Monitoring and controlling labour, food costs and shrinkage to budget.
- Participating in the development of food products and menus as needed for customer menu presentations.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Experience in Modern and Traditional Japanese styles of cuisine.
- Recognized qualifications in Commercial Cookery and Japanese Food Techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of ISO/ HACCP / QSAI / Food Safety and OHS.
- Prior experience with airline catering and service oriented.
- Prior experience working in large team environment with demonstrated leadership.
- Prior experience in a HALAL working environment and knowledge regarding segregation and separation of equipment.
- Practiced sound financial management and unit cost conscious.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours across a dynamic round the clock operations.
- As you will be working in the Aviation Services industry, you will be required to obtain a clear National Police Check.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Free onsite parking, meals, and uniforms.
- Career development and progression.
- Be part of a close knit and dedicated team that are committed to excellence.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance, and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
- Grow your culinary career with one of the World's Largest Catering companies.
- Be part of a high performance team who are truly passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 16 catering facilities across 10 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 250 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? Visits our Australian careers website https://dnatacateringcareers.com.au/ and watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
To start the journey of joining our corporate team, click the link below and upload your resume, a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role, and some samples of your work.