Do you want a high-flying corporate career working for the world’s largest air services provider, based on the Gold Coast?
Our Procurement & Projects team is looking for a motivated, highly organized and experienced Procurement Specialist to join our team at our Head Office on the Gold Coast.
More about this role:
Reporting to the GM Procurement & Supply Chain, this role is responsible for building strong alliances with key suppliers, negotiating best value and delivering improved outcomes for the business, whilst at all times maintaining the integrity of the service. You will undertake several duties in relation to analyzing the costs within the business, investigating, recommending, and negotiating cost savings.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Supplier relationship management - source new and manage existing strategic supply partners.
- Drive supply chain synergies in areas of food, utilities, uniforms, PPE and service overheads.
- Conduct independent internal audit programs, which review the costs in areas of food utility purchases of the business to detect potential cost savings.
- Business case & sourcing strategy development - make recommendations to Operations Management on cost saving areas identified and assist in implementation.
- Manage end to end cost saving initiatives from Procure to pay.
- Assist Manager Contracts to maintain supplier contract files and contract register in line with policy, while also negotiating best value and delivering improved outcomes for the business.
- Assist and support efficient building of Procurement data for input into the ERP spend analytics systems.
- Authorize invoice payments for non-standard product purchase in conjunction with the GM Procurement & Supply Chain.
- Identify opportunities to bring new and/or improved products and services to the designated category.
- Plan delivery timetables and liaise with suppliers regularly to ensure orders and delivery times are met.
- Solve supply chain issues as they arise.
- Develop relationships and ensure communication lines between the Procurement/Culinary and Accounts Payable teams are effective to close the gap on supplier price changes & PPV.
- Have complete understanding of and adhere to dnata catering policies and procedures.
- Carry out additional duties as may be reasonably requested by Senior Management.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Demonstrated success in a similar role.
- Experience working in the catering industry essential.
- BI & or spend analytics reporting experience, preferred.
- Ability to adapt, develop and maintain customer and vendor relationships.
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritize high workload.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles and cost driving factors.
- Ability to build rapport with staff members across the company hierarchy.
- Strong business and industry acumen.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft office with advanced Excel skills.
- Confident approach and ability to work with minimal supervision.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Career development and progression.
- Be part of a close knit and dedicated team that are committed to excellence.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance, and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 15 catering facilities across 9 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? You can watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
To start the journey of joining our corporate team, click the link below and upload your resume, a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role, and some samples of your work.