Australian aviation is in the midst of the largest ramp up in history. Do you want to help us reconnect Australia with the world? Join our Melbourne airport team as a Chef in a permanent full-time position.
What does a typical day look like?
You will be working in a busy, open plan kitchen preparing & cooking various international hot & cold meals in commercial quantities, for our customer airlines.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Preparing hot & cold meals for business & economy class passengers for various airlines.
- Stock control & minimizing food wastage.
- Cleaning & maintaining a hygienic work environment at all times.
- Strictly following menu specifications as well as food safety / HACCP, WHS & QSAI policies.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Certificate III Commercial Cookery or higher qualifications is preferred or equivalent level of experience
- Passion & drive to deliver high quality food to our customers.
- Ability to work a 7-day rotating roster.
- Understanding of written & verbal 'Kitchen' English, ability to follow recipes and communicate with the team
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good organizational & time management skills.
- Must be motivated, hardworking & have a good attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy kitchen.
- Previous experience in a commercial kitchen environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Japanese, Chinese or Viet cuisines would be highly regarded.
As you will be working in the Aviation Services industry, you will be required to obtain a clear National Police Check.
Availability to work 38 hours/week, as this role is a full-time permanent position.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a close knit & dedicated team that is committed to safety.
- Competitive pay rates and penalties.
- Free onsite parking, meals, and uniforms.
- Career development and progression, coupled with national relocation opportunities.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
We provide you with training, certification, and support to set you up for success in your new role.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 16 catering facilities across 10 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 250 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? Visits our Australian careers website https://dnatacateringcareers.com.au/ and watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Click the link below and upload your resume to start on the journey of joining the dnata catering family as a Chef.