Do you want a high-flying career working for the world’s largest air services provider, based in Sydney?
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced and enthusiastic leader to join our team at Sydney airport, in a permanent full-time position.
More about this role:
This role is responsible for the efficient day to day operation of the Bulk Equipment, Bulk Food & Wash, and Bar Packing sections of our facility.
It is to ensure there is accurate quantity of equipment, and that all flights are packed according to the Galley Loading Plans (GLP) and completed in line with the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Daily management and support of both units.
- Demonstrate team management and leadership.
- Planning the day's operations with the Leading Hands and Manager, while working proactively on daily requirements of the department.
- Ongoing daily review of operational needs as they arise, such as equipment shortages, delivery scheduling, changing flight schedules, etc.
- Work with the team to forecast resource requirements.
- Support the team in developing a multi specialist team and identifying training of individuals as required across multiple sites.
- Ensures all flights are packed accurately according to the Galley Loading Plan and ready times are met.
- Set and monitor KPI's for each section Leading Hand.
- Adhere to the company’s policy in relation to HALAL, HACCP, QSAI / Food Safety, Workplace Health and Safety, and customs.
- Support the Unit Logistics Officer in the weekly and monthly stock take for each airline, as required.
- File all documents as per the departments filing and record keeping system to ensure easy traceability and recovery of documents whenever required.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Good understanding of busy manufacturing processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational / time management skills.
- Ability to handle challenging situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders in a high volume, high value environment.
- Experience with management labour targets is desired.
- Sound knowledge of the airline catering industry is highly regarded.
- Competent in documentation and records management.
- As you will be working in the Aviation Services industry, you will be required to obtain a clear National Police Check.
- Flexibility to work weekends as required, dnata catering is a 24/7 operation.
- Have a can-do attitude and a strong work ethic.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Free onsite parking, meals, and uniforms.
- Career development and progression.
- Be part of a close knit and dedicated team that are committed to excellence.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance, and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 16 catering facilities across 10 cities, employ over 2,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 250 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? Visits our Australian careers website https://dnatacateringcareers.com.au/ and watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Click the link below and upload your resume to start on the journey of joining the dnata catering family as a Equipment & Wash Supervisor