Do you want a high-flying career working for the world’s largest air services provider, based in Sydney?
We are seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable Operations Manager with experience in a similar role to join our airport team in Sydney on a full-time basis.
More about this role:
This role is responsible to ensure the overall safety and efficient operation of the Unit and ensure National Standards, Compliance, and Policies are maintained to achieve highest service delivery levels.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Manage the day to day operational activities of the Unit.
- Coordinate, supervise and ensure efficient utilisation of the team to provide Service Delivery to all our International and Domestic clients and aircrafts, including any delayed flights and equipment changes.
- Oversee all operational and service delivery activities to ensure all flights are serviced according to MPS, meet the Customer SLA’s, and achieve the OTP.
- Responsible for P&L of Unit and managing ongoing operational costs
- Supports business to develop and implement systems and procedures that support the efficient and effective operation of the Unit.
- Makes recommendations on service procedures, quality improvements, and National business development requirements.
- Attend to major operational problems and needs brought to your attention, and troubleshoot where required to rectify issues.
- Ensure all changes in Customer specifications or recurring issues are communicated in a timely manner to the team to ensure Customer issues are resolved quickly.
- Responsible for the delivery of a safety culture where staff members comply with all policies and procedures and wear PPE provided.
- Ownership of the VR’s from the sections and ensure all corrective actions taken are documented into the issue register.
- Investigate, analyse, and implement corrective action plans to resolve production and operational issues.
- Analyse incidents and maintenance reports and take corrective action to minimise future risk.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Demonstrated success in a similar role.
- Proven supervisory and leadership experience to manage a team of 500+ personnel.
- Substantial exposure to Airline Catering Operation processes.
- A good level of leadership agility, diplomacy and ability to resolve complex problems.
- Flexibility to work both on the floor and in the office as required.
- High energy and results driven with the ability to work across and within teams.
- Good understanding of Food Safety / WHS and quality assurance.
- Good PC skills and an ability to work with an automated time and attendance system and other business-related systems.
- Competent in dnata and customers systems and portals for truck maintenance MEXX, requisitions, food ordering JDI, customer service and logistics (GP4, MICAS, DHL portal, Agility portal) and other systems such as Alpha net, Converga, Dnata Global Hub, Human Force, HR Onboard).
- Holder of current HR Licence and forklift licence.
- As you will be working in the Aviation Services industry, you will be required to obtain a clear National Police Check.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive six figure salary.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Free onsite parking and meals.
- Career development and progression.
- Be part of a close knit and dedicated team that are committed to excellence.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance, and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 16 catering facilities across 10 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 250 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? Visits our Australian careers website https://dnatacateringcareers.com.au/ and watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
To start the journey of joining our corporate team, click the link below and upload your resume, a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role, and some samples of your work.