Want a high flying career with one of the worlds largest air services providers? Join our Canberra Airport Flight Catering team as a Driver-in-Training in a permanent full-time position.
So, what does a day in the life of a Driver-in-Training look like?
As a member of our Airside team, you are the face of dnata catering out on the tarmac and are responsible for the very important task of correctly and safely loading catering meals and equipment onto the aircraft. To do this, you need to load fully stocked aircraft trolleys onto our hi-lift trucks and assist our Drivers with safety of the vehicle and plane whilst out on the tarmac.
Once airside, you will guide the vehicle for safe approach, load the carts onto the aircraft, and work with the Airline cabin crew to make sure everything is correct. You will also remove any empty carts, before heading back to our catering facility.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Ride-along and observe driving and basic vehicle checks, including re-fueling.
- Load and unload trucks and aircraft with catering, carts, and ovens, ensuring any discrepancies are followed up on.
- Learn how to interpret Vehicle specific signs and markings on the tarmac
- Learn safety signalling, spatial awareness and procedures on loading/unloading
- Guide and position the trucks in line with company, airport, and airline policies.
- Coordinate with airline cabin crew for aircraft servicing and hand over.
- Administrative documentation, reporting and general cleaning duties as required.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Be willing to undertake MR or HR license certification within six month period.
- Ability to perform frequent manual handling tasks.
- Flexibility working around flight schedules is essential.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Neat and tidy presentation, as you will be the face of the company on the aircraft.
As you will be working in the Aviation Services industry, you will be required to obtain a clear National Police Check.
Availability to work 38 hours/week, as this role is a full-time permanent position.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a close knit & dedicated team that is committed to safety.
- Competitive pay rates and penalties.
- Free onsite parking, meals, and uniforms.
- Career development and progression, we will pay for your MR License Certification
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
We provide you with training, certification, and support to set you up for success in your new role.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 16 catering facilities across 10 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 250 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? Visits our Australian careers website https://dnatacateringcareers.com.au/ and watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Click the link below and upload your resume to start on the journey of joining the dnata catering family as a Customer Delivery Driver.