Australian aviation is in the midst of the largest ramp up in history. Do you want to help us reconnect Australia with the world? Join our Brisbane airport team as a Chef de Partie in a permanent full-time position.
What does a typical day look like?
You will be working in a busy, open plan kitchen preparing & cooking various international hot & cold meals in commercial quantities, for our customer airlines. This role supervises lines of teams up to 20 in various sections of our floor.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Overseeing mis-en-plus prep, bulk cooking of hot & cold meals for Business Class & Economy Class passengers for various airlines.
- Keep the team productivity on time per daily flight schedules, manage any flight delays or departure schedule changes accordingly
- Assist Sous and Exec Sous chefs planning for the day
- Ensure stock control & minimization of food wastage.
- Enforce cleaning & maintaining strict hygienic work environment at all times.
- Following menu specifications as well as food safety / HACCP, WHS & QSAI policies.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Must hold relevant trade qualifications.
- Passion & drive to deliver high quality food to our customers.
- Ability to work a 7-day rotating roster.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good organizational & time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy large scale kitchen.
- Previous as a CDP or Supervisor in a commercial kitchen environment preferred.
- As you will be working in the Aviation Services industry, you will be required to obtain a clear National Police Check.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a close knit & dedicated team that is committed to safety.
- Competitive pay rates and penalties.
- Free onsite parking, meals, and uniforms.
- Career development and progression, coupled with national relocation opportunities.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
We provide you with training, certification, and support to set you up for success in your new role.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 16 catering facilities across 10 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 250 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? Visits our Australian careers website https://dnatacateringcareers.com.au/ and watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Click the link below and upload your resume to start on the journey of joining the dnata catering family as a Chef de Partie.