Australian aviation is in the midst of the largest ramp up in history. Do you want to help us reconnect Australia with the world? Join our Sydney team as a Facilities Administrator in a full-time position.
So, what does a day in the life of a Facilities Administrator look like?
Reporting to the Business Manager on a day-to-day basis and supporting the Fleet, Facilities & Projects Manager the Facilities Administrator is responsible for the timely provision of effective and efficient administrative support and assistance to the Maintenance team onsite.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Operate a range of computer-based applications, including word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheet, and database software including MEX.
- Record maintenance and breakdown times.
- Ensure equipment and services availability for production.
- Catalogue and order spare parts.
- Ensure correct filing of all compliance documentation.
- Apply effective cost control measures.
- Raising of Purchase Orders and processing invoices through to receipts and respond to invoice queries.
- Contribute to a safety-first environment and work within Workplace Health and Safety policies, procedures, and guidelines at all times.
- Responsible for coordinating and booking external trades (contractors) for specialist check-up and repairs.
- Have complete understanding of and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- General office administration and duties, data entry, scanning and filing.
- Carry out additional duties as may be reasonably requested by Maintenance Manager.
- As you will be working in the Aviation Services industry, you will be required to obtain a clear National Police Check.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Demonstrated success in a similar role.
- Experience in a customer service.
- Ability to communicate with operational staff, team leaders, suppliers and contractors regarding equipment and services.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders in a high volume, high value environment.
- Willingness to learn new systems.
- Ability to obtain ASIC card.
- Ability to work weekends if required on an adhoc basis.
- Industry knowledge or experience preferable but not essential.
- Ability to handle challenging situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge in Mechanical and Electrical equipment and experience in operating CMMS and CAFM systems.
- Sound knowledge on planned and reactive work orders and experience in managing a complex supply chain of specialist service provider.
- Understanding of HSE and safe working environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a close knit & dedicated team that is committed to safety.
- Competitive pay rates and penalties.
- Free onsite parking, meals, and uniforms.
- Career development and progression, coupled with national relocation opportunities.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 16 catering facilities across 10 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 250 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? Visits our Australian careers website https://dnatacateringcareers.com.au/ and watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Click the link below and upload your resume to start on the journey of joining the dnata catering family as a Facilities Administrator.