Australian aviation is in the midst of the largest ramp up in history. Do you want to help us reconnect Australia with the world? Join our Cairns airport team as a Sous Chef in a permanent full-time position.
What does a typical day look like?
As Sous Chef, you will be responsible for planning and directing food preparation in our kitchen. This will involve supervising other kitchen staff, as well as addressing operational issues. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in large multi-function high end venues and experience producing consistent, high quality culinary items.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Ensuring your area is properly organized, staffed and directed.
- Ordering required food and equipment daily to satisfy the production plan.
- Providing decisive leadership and on the job training to lower level staff members.
- Executing and supervising food production, packing & tray-set activities.
- Preparing complex meals or dishes, to specifications provided.
- Monitoring and ensuring KPI compliance across the business, including recipe specifications.
- Monitoring and controlling labour, food costs and shrinkage to budget.
- Participating in the development of food products and menus as needed for customer menu presentations.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a close knit & dedicated team that is committed to safety.
- Competitive pay rates and penalties.
- Free onsite parking, meals, and uniforms.
- Career development and progression, coupled with national relocation opportunities.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Discounts at hundreds of retailers, discounted health insurance and wellbeing resources including online exercise classes.
We provide you with training, certification, and support to set you up for success in your new role.
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 16 catering facilities across 10 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 250 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? Visits our Australian careers website https://dnatacateringcareers.com.au/ and watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Click the link below and upload your resume to start on the journey of joining the dnata catering family as a Sous Chef.