Are you a true all-rounder with experience in purchasing or inventory and looking to grow your career in aviation?
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Purchasing Officer to join our friendly team in the busy Sydney Airport catering unit on a full-time basis.
What does a typical day look like?
As the Purchasing Officer, you will be responsible for purchasing, receiving, and issuing products ensuring sufficient stocks are available to meet production demands.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintain good working relations with all stakeholders including suppliers.
- Ensure the stock in the various onsite & offsite storage areas effectively to ensure correct product rotation and space is available for incoming goods as required.
- Ensure delivery items adhere with the company purchase system.
- Maintain the company’s policy in relation to HACCP, QSAI and WHS in accordance with Federal and State Government Regulations.
- Reference Passenger forecast schedules to establish practical purchasing structure.
- Ensure that all delivery vehicles are clean and well maintained, and all perishable deliveries are only accepted via a refrigerated or frozen vehicle unit.
- Ensure that all items delivered are in line with dnata catering Temperature and Hygiene guidelines.
- Use manual handling devices provided and apply safe work practices at all times.
- Monitor all items for Best before Date and Use by Date.
- Conduct end of month stock take.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to the company with procurement procedures and improvements.
- Ensure compliance with Alpha’s Food Safety Manual at all times.
- Role model dnata catering values: safety and security, performance driven, delighting customers, imagination, respect and service excellence.
- Contribute to a safety first environment and work within Workplace Health and Safety policies, procedures and guidelines at all times.
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Prior experience in Purchasing, Stores, and/or Supply Chain Inventory
- Experience using an ERP system (would be highly regarded).
- Display high levels of attention to detail, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficiency in using computers and Ms-Suite (Advanced Excel and Outlook preferred).
- Good knowledge of HACCP/Food Safety, QSAI requirements and WHS.
- Knowledge of recipe specifications and ingredient brands etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Stores procedures.
- Holder of a Forklift License (or be willing to obtain within 3 months).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders.
What’s in it for you?
- Exciting opportunity working in partnership with the Catering Team as a key contributor who is truly passionate about delivering excellent customer service.
- Be part of a business that is committed to giving back to our people and the community, through environmental and wellbeing initiatives.
- Access to our employee benefits program which includes a wellbeing platform, discounted private health insurance and access to specials and discounts from over 700 retailers.
- 5 weeks annual leave, flexible working arrangements.
- Career advancement opportunities.
We provide you with training, certification, and support to set you up for success in your new role.
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 16 catering facilities across 10 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 250 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? Visits our Australian careers website https://dnatacateringcareers.com.au/ and watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you.
Click the link below and upload your resume to start on the journey of joining the dnata catering family as a Storesperson.