Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
With a geographically diverse footprint, we employ over 4,000 people across 9 cities, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Executive Sous Chef to join our successful Sydney South Team in Sydney Airport.
Reporting directly to the Executive Chef, the position is a balance of personally preparing high quality food and being operationally responsible for supervising and directing all kitchen personnel, while interacting and developing relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Preparation of hot and cold meals
- Working with the executive chef on menu development creations and strategy
- Managing the day-to-day tray set and assembly teams
- Communicates professionally at all times
- Reviews productivity / quality and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Training and development of relevant employees
- Assists with rostering, payroll preparation and staff inductions
- Conduct daily staff briefings to communicate any new or relevant information
- Accountable for the delivery of consistent quality foods that are presented in line with customer specifications
- Maintain the company’s policy in relation to HACCP and WHS
- Ensuring all employees are complying with relevant workplace health and safety requirements at all times
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Waste management and cost control
- Proactively identifies and resolves problems within the team as well as external stakeholders / customers
- Trade qualified Sous Chef with experience in a similar role
- Previous Airline Catering experience
- Previous exposure to Process or Lean manufacturing principles an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Understanding of HACCP / Food safety /WHS and quality assurance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay rates
- Career advancement opportunities
- Company benefits and incentives – including up to 5 weeks’ annual leave for full-time employees and discounted private health insurance
- Supportive and friendly team environment
If you would like to apply for this role please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Please be sure to include a covering letter addressing the key criteria set out in the Job Advertisement shown here as the first page of your resume.
We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.