Creating fresh award-winning meals and delivering outstanding service, dnata catering is Australia’s largest inflight catering company.
With a geographically diverse footprint, the company employs over 3,000 people across 11 cities, produces over 25 million meals and services over 250 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, dnata catering is more than an inflight caterer, managing buy-on-board catering programs, providing inflight retail solutions and operating airport lounges.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports.
Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,800 flights, carries over 8,450 tonnes of cargo, assists over 243,000 passengers, books over 21,000 hotel stays and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Executive Sous Chef to join our successful Sydney South Team in Sydney Airport.
Reporting directly to the Executive Chef, the position is a balance of personally preparing high quality food and being operationally responsible for supervising and directing all kitchen personnel, while interacting and developing relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers.
In this full-time role, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Preparation of hot and cold meals
- Working with the executive chef on menu development creations and strategy
- Managing the day-to-day tray set and assembly teams
- Communicates professionally at all times
- Reviews productivity / quality and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Training and development of relevant employees
- Assists with rostering, payroll preparation and staff inductions
- Conduct daily staff briefings to communicate any new or relevant information
- Accountable for the delivery of consistent quality foods that are presented in line with customer specifications
- Maintain the company’s policy in relation to HACCP and WHS
- Ensuring all employees are complying with relevant workplace health and safety requirements at all times
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Waste management and cost control
- Proactively identifies and resolves problems within the team as well as external stakeholders / customers
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate:
- Trade qualified Sous Chef with at least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Previous Airline Catering experience in a similar role
- Previous exposure to Process or Lean manufacturing principles an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Understanding of HACCP / Food safety /WHS and quality assurance
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
If you would like to apply for this role please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Please be sure to include a covering letter addressing the key criteria set out in the Job Advertisement shown here as the first page of your resume.
We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.