Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
With a geographically diverse footprint, we employ over 4,000 people across 9 cities, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Resource Allocator to join our Workforce Planning Department at Sydney Airport (dCAT).
As a Resource Allocator you will be responsible for managing the Supply and Demand of our dnata catering workforce. The role will ensure that all roster management and supply and demand is in accordance with national processes within the Ground Star system. You will be processing shift changes/swaps, training, overtime, labour hire update, leave and reviewing supply and demand constantly to ensure staffing coverage is met.
- Administer staff/roster movements and the allocation of labour hire and overtime whilst adhering to all EBA and business requirements
- Ensuring systems data entry and integrity, reports and providing first level as well as input into creating rosters
- Act as primary contact for staff queries relating to the published roster and related forms
- Update systems to reflect accurate staff allocation and shifts
- Cover absenteeism, upload labour hire data, prepare and distribute day sheets for all areas of the Catering Business
- Provide regular feedback on all allocation processes highlighting any opportunities to the Labour Planning Analyst , Workforce Planner and catering business
- Maintain an understanding of EBA and Industrial Relations requirements and ensure that they are applied correctly (including payroll compliance)
- Reporting on requirements for the development of system processes
- Delivery of a high level of customer service to internal/external customers
- Previous workforce planning experience in a similar role
- Understanding of and experience in the allocation of resources
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work under pressure and to take accountability for your work to ensure business objectives are met
- Ability to model, influence and encourage positive behaviors and contribute to a team environment
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs and priorities of the business
- Self-motivated, possessing and demonstrating strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Positive, professional and mature attitude towards workplace
- Demonstrate pro-activeness, can-do attitude and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution skills
- Decisiveness under pressure, strong work ethic with emphasis on reliability and punctuality considered essential
- Ability to understand and apply policies, process and Awards/EBAs
- Strong level of computer literacy skills
If you would like to apply for this role please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Please include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria as the first page of your resume.
We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.