Creating fresh award-winning meals and delivering outstanding service, dnata catering is Australia’s largest inflight catering company.
With a geographically diverse footprint, the company employs over 3,000 people across 11 cities, produces over 25 million meals and services over 250 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, dnata catering is more than an inflight caterer, managing buy-on-board catering programs, providing inflight retail solutions and operating airport lounges.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports.
Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,800 flights, carries over 8,450 tonnes of cargo, assists over 243,000 passengers, books over 21,000 hotel stays and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
The role is the key point of contact to all company assets related and facilities management inquiries, with responsibility for the timely provision of effective and efficient administrative support and assistance to the business.
In addition, this position may be required to carry out such additional duties as may be reasonably requested by the Senior Management.
Due to ongoing growth the role of Facilities Administrator has been created to support the Manager – Facilities at our Sydney dCAT airport location.
You will be a key point of contact for enquiries regarding facilities management of company assets. You will also provide timely provision of effective and efficient administrative support and assistance to the business.
- Be a key member of the Management Systems user group and discuss current systems issues and play a pro-active role seeking input from users regarding on-going development of the system
- Ensure all assets are assigned to correct locations
- Monitor PPM and Reactive maintenance workloads to ensure that they are completed as scheduled
- Organise assigned service work orders SWO updates and set priorities for each request
- Review and monitor work requests through to completion and provide updates to Key stakeholders and or service providers
- Operate a range of computer-based applications, including word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheet and database software
- Demonstrated success in a similar role
- Knowledge in Mechanical and Electrical equipment and experience in operating CMMS and CAFM systems
- MEX maintenance systems experience is preferred
- Sound knowledge on planned and reactive work orders and experience in managing a complex supply chain of specialist service providers
- Understanding of HSE and safe working environments
- Self-motivated, highly organised and can manage conflicting priorities
- Customer orientated with previous front desk experience
- Must have the rights to work and live in Australia
If you fit the selection criteria, we encourage you to apply. This role will provide you with job variety and the chance to further gain FM knowledge for a progressive company.
We thank you for applying for this role, only successful candidates will be contacted. No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted. Previous applicants need not apply.