Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
With a geographically diverse footprint, we employ over 4,000 people across 9 cities, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
We have an exciting opportunity that has become available for a qualified Mechanic/Vehicle Service Coordinator to join our busy dCAT team in Sydney Airport.
This is a permanent full-time position.
The Mechanic/Vehicle Service Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the vehicle fleet is well maintained to a road worthy standard and repairs are identified and completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Test drive vehicles to diagnose malfunctions to ensure that they are working properly
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
- Troubleshoot fuel, ignition, and emissions control systems, using electronic testing equipment
- Tune engines to ensure proper and efficient functioning
- Repair, replace, or adjust defective fuel injectors, carburettor parts, and gasoline filters
- Remove and replace defective mufflers and tailpipes
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Install or repair air conditioners and service components, such as compressors, condensers, and controls
- Diagnose and troubleshoots mechanical, electrical and hydraulic faults
- Ensure all reported defects are repaired (or arranged to be repaired) in a timely and effective manner to avoid operational deficiencies
- Inspect and test new vehicles for damage and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made
- Manage and control spare parts as well as updating the vehicle maintenance system
- Manage documentation and maintain records correctly to fulfil all company policies and regulations
- Consistently review processes and develop continual improvement
- Ensure vehicles are operating in accordance to the dnata catering Policies and Procedures and relevant legislation
- Respond to any changes in the departmental function as dictated by the business needs
- Consistently project a professional, confident, controlled and customer service focused attitude and demeanour
- Co-ordinate services and repairs performed by contractors / service providers in consultation with operations to minimise impact on the business
- On-Call after hours to attend or provide support for breakdowns
- Demonstrated success in a similar role
- Mechanical Trade Qualifications
- Heavy Rigid License, or ability to obtain one
- Proven Diagnostic skills
- Electrical and PLC’s (Programmable Logic Controller) knowledge is essential
- Good written and verbal skills and computer proficiency (MS Excel and Word)
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and overtime as needed to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Must be able to pass a Police check, pre-employment medical including drug test and MVR check
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay rates
- Career advancement opportunities
- Company benefits and incentives – including up to 5 weeks’ annual leave for full-time employees and discounted private health insurance
- Supportive and friendly team environment
If you would like to apply for this role please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Please include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria as the first page of your resume.
We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.