Creating fresh award-winning meals and delivering outstanding service, dnata catering is Australia’s largest inflight catering company.
With a geographically diverse footprint, the company employs over 3,000 people across 11 cities, produces over 25 million meals and services over 250 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, dnata catering is more than an inflight caterer, managing buy-on-board catering programs, providing inflight retail solutions and operating airport lounges.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports.
Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,800 flights, carries over 8,450 tonnes of cargo, assists over 243,000 passengers, books over 21,000 hotel stays and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
Due to company expansion, we have a new opportunity for an experienced Procurement Specialist to join our Broadbeach, Head Office team. You will be responsible for building strong alliances with key suppliers, negotiating best value and delivering improved procurement outcomes for the business. We are currently recruiting for one permanent role and one 12 month contract, both full time hours.
- Source new and manage existing supply partners
- Drive supply chain synergies in areas of food, utilities, uniforms, PPE and service overheads
- Identify opportunities to bring new and/or improved products and services to your designated category
- Conduct independent internal audit programs to review the costs of goods
- Analyse data and negotiate new agreements to achieve cost savings
- Assist during the tender analysis process in conjunction with the finance team
- Establish and manage relationships with suppliers and key stakeholders to ensure business objectives are met
- Assist and support efficient building of culinary and operations data for input into the ERP system
- Analyse price expectations in line with market commodity trends and make recommendations to optimise revenue
- Develop and implement records management system for filing, protection, and retrieval of records
- Update and maintain supplier price information
- Assist the Culinary Development team with supplier price analysis and reporting as required
- Demonstrated success in a similar role
- Experience working in the catering industry, essential
- BI reporting experience, preferred
- Ability to adapt, develop and maintain customer and vendor relationships
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise high workload
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated understanding of principles and cost driving factors
- Ability to build rapport with staff members across the company hierarchy
- Strong business and industry acumen
- Competent in documentation and records management
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft office with advanced Excel skills
- Confident approach and ability to work with minimal supervision
An attractive and competitive remuneration is available.
This position will allow a driven individual the opportunity to build and develop their career. You’ll be rewarded with a wonderful opportunity to join an established team and be a part of their immediate growth.
We thank you for applying for this role, only successful candidates will be contacted. No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.