Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
With a geographically diverse footprint, we employ over 4,000 people across 9 cities, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Menu Coordinator (internally known as QAD Data Coordinator) to join our team at dCAT unit in Sydney Airport. This is a permanent full-time role.
This position is responsible for providing high level menu development, design and build to airline specification, and in supporting the culinary team. The role works closely with internal and external departments to ensure all relevant information is accurate to support menu build, material forecasting and labour standards. In addition, the role will assist in the deliverable aspects of catering by supporting launches of new airlines and menu rotation (may include supervisory responsibilities).
- Coordinate, plan and monitor business activities to achieve operational requirements.
- Research, design and build new recipes into database.
- Operate within the customer systems to extract information for menu build.
- Capturing and implementing changes during and after menu presentations.
- Designing customer menu matrix within QAD. Extracting codes and photographs to provide facts in validation for internal departments.
- Provide catering unit (Snap Fresh) with food trends to aside in managing airline expectations.
- Supporting the Culinary Team in hosting customers during workshops and launches.
- Creating and maintaining all procurement codes in QAD database.
- Managing and maintaining all historical data and rectifying all discrepancies.
- Advising and assisting with the transition during menu changes and airline launches.
- Facilitate with tender requirements for customers as required.
- Validating recipes build based on information from the customers, providing constructive feedback on errors and omissions.
- Capturing and implementing changes during and after workshops to aid the business in decision making and pricing opportunities.
- Supporting the business unit Chefs with in-house workshops/presentations.
- Supporting the 3rd party internal caterer and management as required.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current and relevant industrial trends.
- Sound operational experience.
- Ability to deliver workshops & presentations with a sound knowledge of the operational expectations.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Strong analytical skills and lateral thinker.
- Ability to perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy and high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain data to the highest standard.
- Flexibility to work individually as well as in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- QAD experience is an advantage
If you would like to apply for this role please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Please be sure to include a covering letter addressing the key criteria set out in the Job Advertisement shown here as the first page of your resume.
We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.