Are you an experienced Executive Sous Chef or Head Chef looking to showcase your creative culinary skills? Are you passionate about successfully driving the day to day operations of a busy kitchen?
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Executive Sous Chef to join our successful Flight Catering team at Perth Airport on a full-time basis.
What does a typical day look like?
You will be assisting the Executive Chef with the overall delivery of the Catering divisions objectives by providing operational direction, support and guidance to a team of Chefs and Catering Attendants. Responsibilities include but not limited to overseeing daily and weekly planning of food preparation, shift allocation and rostering, ordering and purchasing of produce through our systems, attend business strategy and operational meetings with and in lieu of the Executive Chef, champion safety and adherence to procedures.
In a nutshell, your main responsibilities are:
- Drive food quality across all meal classes and strong focus on the client end product
- Specifically managing menus of our Top Tier 1 Airline client ex PER
- Working with the Executive Chef on menu development creations and strategy
- Managing the day-to-day food prep and meal presentation
- Reviews productivity / quality and identifies opportunities for improvement
- Mentor and develop employees across Line Chef, Leading Hands and Supervisors
- Accountable for the delivery of consistent (look, taste, portion size) quality food that are presented in line with customer specifications
- Maintaining the company’s policy in relation to HACCP and WHS
- Assisting with internal and external audits
- Waste management and minimizing cost controls
What do you need to be successful in securing this role?
- Trade qualified with experience min to Sous Chef Level or higher
- Exposure to large or bulk catering facilities in manufacturing or FMCG
- Previous Airline Catering experience preferred but not required
- Demonstrated Six Sigma or Lean manufacturing principles an advantage
- Ability to manage a diverse team, large cross functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong understanding of HACCP / Food Safety /WHS and QA
What’s in it for you?
- Free onsite parking, free daily hot meals and uniforms provided
- Grow your culinary career with a hand in strategy and planning management
- Be part of a close knit, dedicated team with one-on-one mentoring
- Be part of a business that is committed to giving back to our people and the community, through environmental, community and wellbeing initiatives
- Access to our Employee Benefits Program including a wellbeing platform, discounted private health insurance and access to specials and discounts from over 700 retailers
- 5 weeks Annual Leave, 7-day roster with attractive salary
- Career advancement opportunities, looking for our next future Executive Chef
Your prospective employer:
Part of the Emirates Group, we are Australia’s largest inflight catering and retail partner, food manufacturing and retail, travel retail technology, and airport lounge management. Chosen by many of the world’s top airlines, we operate 16 catering facilities across 10 cities, employ over 4,000 people, produce over 64 million meals, and service over 250 thousand flights each year.
Want to know more about dnata catering and our global businesses? Visits our Australian careers website https://dnatacateringcareers.com.au/ and watch a short video here: https://youtu.be/uLB6BFGdKpE
Does this role sound perfect for you? If so, we want to hear from you!
Click the link below and upload your resume to start on the journey of joining the dnata catering family as a Chef de Partie.