Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
With a geographically diverse footprint, we employ over 4,000 people across 9 cities, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
We currently have several exciting positions available for suitably experienced Sous Chefs to join our busy catering units in Sydney (dCAT & dC) on a full-time basis, producing consistent, high quality culinary items.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in large multi-function high end venues.
- Ensuring the area of responsibility is properly organised, staffed and directed
- Providing decisive leadership and on the job training to lower level staff members
- Executing and supervising food production, packing, tray-set activities for DIFOT and KPI performance management
- Preparing complex meals or dishes, to specifications provided
- Monitoring and ensuring KPI compliance across the business, including recipe specifications
- Monitoring and controlling labour, food costs and shrinkage to budget
- Ordering required food and equipment daily to satisfy the production plan
- Working with internal & external stakeholders
- Participating in the development of food products and menus as needed for customer menu presentations
- Maintain GMP cleaning and food standards at all times
- A passion for food and culinary excellence
- Trade qualified Sous Chef with experience in a similar role
- Proven track record in successfully managing, motivating and developing a kitchen team to performance targets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with excellent time management skills
- Team player and supportive of a culture of teamwork
- A proactive approach to system improvements, including Lean Practices
- High food standards in taste and presentation
- Demonstrate flexibility in regards to working morning and evening shifts on a rotating 7 day roster including weekends, public holidays
- Knowledge of ISO 22000 Quality, HACCP, WHS and people safety
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay rates
- Career advancement opportunities
- Company benefits and incentives
- Supportive and friendly team environment
If you would like to apply for this role please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Please be sure to include a covering letter addressing the key criteria set out in the Job Advertisement shown here as the first page of your resume.
We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.