Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
With a geographically diverse footprint, we employ over 4,000 people across 9 cities, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
We currently have several exciting positions available for suitably experienced Chef de Partie to join our busy hot, cold and Halal kitchens within our catering unit in Sydney (dCAT) on a full-time basis, producing consistent, high quality culinary items.
- Maintaining a kitchen environment that promises flair, creativity and consistency in the quality of menu items with taste and appearance.
- Multi-skilled and leads teams in all areas of food production dependent on daily requirements.
- Ensures correct stock rotation is adhered to, ensuring minimal/no product wastage.
- Prioritizes and manages workload to meet cold soak requirements and pickup times.
- Responsible for the preparation of complex, and exotic dishes to specification.
- Provides feedback regarding shortfalls in production process to improve process and exceed customer service expectations.
- Supervises and trains kitchen staff as required.
- Performs general and specialised duties.
- Performs activities working to passenger load requirements and current customer specification.
- Participates in customer menu development and presentation.
- Complies with hygiene, safety, quality, customer service, right first time and performance standards.
- Complies with all dnata Food Safety requirements including Personal Hygiene, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Food Handling and Storage Requirements.
- Complies with Customer and Legislative HACCP requirements.
- Ability to work on rotating shifts across 7 days
- An Australian recognised Trade or relevant qualification in Commercial Cookery
- Previous experience in a similar role leading teams
- Experience in large multi-function venue or large scale catering is desirable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player and supportive of a culture of team work
- A proactive approach to system improvements
- High food standards in taste and presentation
- Knowledge of ISO 22000 Quality, HACCP and relevant food safety accreditation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay rates
- Career advancement opportunities
- Company benefits and incentives
- Supportive and friendly team environment
If you would like to apply for this role please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Please be sure to include a covering letter addressing the key criteria set out in the Job Advertisement shown here as the first page of your resume.
We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.