Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
With a geographically diverse footprint, we employ over 4,000 people across 9 cities, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a full-time Production Scheduler (internally known as Site Scheduler) to join our Data and Planning team in our Sydney (dCAT) unit.
Your role will support the Flight Assembly, Consolidation, Equipment and Customer Delivery teams to efficiently plan Assembly and Delivery using your skill, knowledge and experience of ERP / MRP applications, manufacturing and production processes and tools.
- Work closely with the Data & Planning and Operational Teams to setup data and processes that capture all the business and customer requirements through the production process.
- Maintaining and improving of daily, weekly and monthly production schedules to ensure consistent best practice is achieved across the production environment.
- Drive the development of scenario planning and “what-if” analysis pertaining to the optimisation of the MPS and production schedules to support the business to meet its financial and customer service targets.
- Develop and administer local production schedule designed to effectively and efficiently produce customer orders in-line with financial targets and customer service levels for the production areas of the business.
- Accomplish complex functions of planning, forecasting, estimating, measuring and scheduling of work programs with the business ERP system and other applicable applications.
- Provide expert advice and support to the operation to coordinate equipment availability to support delivery of the production plan.
- Demonstrated success in a similar role working with key business stakeholders and data to produce production schedules, report performance against the schedules & make recommendations as part of the continuous improvement process.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to overlay catering operations to develop insights and recommendations.
- Suitable qualifications, with preference for Supply Chain & Manufacturing industry recognised qualifications & certifications such as APICS CPIM.
- Superior knowledge of QAD & / or and other ERP / MRP applications desirable.
- Knowledge of airline catering operations and procedures is preferable.
- Commitment, professionalism, and a ‘can-do’ attitude in any situation.
- High level of computer literacy, especially with ERP’s, Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Proven ability to communicate insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay rates
- Career advancement opportunities
- Company benefits and incentives
- Supportive and friendly team environment
If you would like to apply for this role please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Please include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria as the first page of your resume.
We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.