Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
With a geographically diverse footprint, we employ over 4,000 people across 9 cities, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a full-time Equipment & Dishwash Manager to join our team in Sydney (dC).
This role is responsible for providing the production area with accurate quantities of equipment, and to ensure all bulk flights are packed according to the Galley Loading Plans (GLP) and are completed in line with the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Manage the flight packing process to ensure they are on time and in line with GLP’s.
- Ensuring the unit carries accurate quantity of airline owned equipment and, monitors and controls stock based on par levels.
- Manage a large team to meet the Internal Delivery System (IDS) requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring all flights are completed accurately, in line with customer specification, and at agreed MPS ready times.
- Proactively solve day to day operational issues such as equipment shortages, delivery and changing flight schedules etc.
- Lead projects and strategize for optimum efficiency from the team.
- Develop short and long term labour plans for manpower to increase efficiency across all areas of responsibility.
- Development and implementation of standards, which are simple to understand and follow.
- Create and maintain a strong culture where all internal team members are provided with relevant and accurate information, delivered in a timely manner via a user-friendly method.
- Identify training needs, provide coaching, mentoring and support to employees.
- Educate, develop, direct and provide leadership guidance to supervisors, leading hands & others within your department.
- Develop, agree and monitor KPI’s.
- Demonstrated success in a similar role.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a managerial role is essential.
- Experience in an operational management role within the airline industry would be considered an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing and mentoring a large team of 40+ people.
- Be eligible to hold an ASIC Pass.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills and an ability to work with an automated time and attendance system.
- Displays business and industry acumen understanding.
- Competent in documentation and records management using the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Hands on management approach.
- A good level of leadership ability, diplomacy and ability to resolve complex problems.
- High energy and results driven with the ability to work across and within teams.
- Good understanding of HACCP/Food Safety / WHS and quality assurance.
- Fork lift licence preferred but not essential.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay rates
- Career advancement opportunities
- Company benefits and incentives – including up to 5 weeks’ annual leave for full-time employees and discounted private health insurance
- Supportive and friendly team environment
If you would like to apply for this role please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Please include a cover letter addressing the selection criteria as the first page of your resume.
We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.