Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
With a geographically diverse footprint, we employ over 4,000 people across 9 cities, produce over 64 million meals and service over 246 thousand flights each year.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a full-time Food Safety & Compliance Manager to join our team in Perth.
This role is accountable for supporting the Unit Manager/s in maintaining compliance to Food Safety, Halal, Environmental and Biosecurity disciplines. It will require the individual to work in all parts of the operation and to provide advice, education and training to employees at all levels. The role will be responsible for both units in Perth and will also provide support to the Darwin facility.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage Food Safety and compliance programmes in conjunction with the National Food Safety and Compliance Manager that positions dnata catering as an industry leader in airline catering;
- Lead the team of Compliance Coordinators that will ensure excellence in performance, both from an execution and management perspective;
- Providing specialist advice and information to external/internal stakeholders in regard to Food Safety, Halal, Environmental, Biosecurity and risk prevention with guidance and clear guidelines always available.
- Seek out, quantify, and develop opportunities for process improvement.
- Conduct relevant sections of the induction process and ensure all staff are inducted in accordance with Company and legislative requirements.
This role will suit someone who has experience in a large food manufacturing environment involving QA, HACCP, Food Safety. The successful candidate must have Tertiary Qualification in food related discipline, HACCP qualification, experience in ISO22000:2018 certification and has a Lead or Internal Food Safety Auditor certification (RABQSA).
Along with relevant qualifications, outstanding communication skills and a track record in stakeholder management, we are looking for someone who is passionate about food safety and compliance to be a hands-on member of our team.
Candidate must be able to travel if required.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive pay rates
- Career advancement opportunities
- Company benefits and incentives – including up to 5 weeks’ annual leave for full-time employees and discounted private health insurance
- Supportive and friendly team environment
If this sounds like you, please apply via https://dnatacatering.expr3ss.com/home
Ensure you include a cover letter addressing the key criteria in the Position Description (downloadable under Further Information)
We welcome applications from candidates across all states. The successful candidate is responsible for covering her / his own relocation expenses.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.