Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced People & Culture IM & Compliance Officer, to join our team based at the Brisbane Airport.
Reporting to the People & Culture Business Partner, the successful applicant will be responsible for delivering all aspects of the Human Resource (HR) function including recruitment, onboarding, induction, training, workplace investigations, conflict management, policy & procedure implementation, and termination processes.
The role exists to ensure legal compliance and completeness of employee records, training, and employee engagement.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Work directly with managers and employees to resolve queries, support and advise on procedures and policy, manage performance, resolve disputes, enhance teamwork, interview candidates and build culture.
- Work collaboratively with the National People and Culture team to contribute to the development and consistent implementation of systems, training, procedures and projects.
- Ensure a positive induction and orientation experience for new staff
- Provide Return to Work (RTW) coordination and local management of work cover claims
- Organise local activities and events
- Work closely with the managers and the Learning & Development Consultant to ensure training is consistent and kept up to date
- HR Administration and support
- Assist the wider Compliance and WHS Team with requests
To be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated success in a similar role
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources an advantage
- Ability to resolve conflict at all levels
- Experience in handling confidential issues
- Outstanding verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- An eye for detail
- An organised approach to all processes and procedures
- Be proactive and adaptable
- Highly organised disposition with a strong administrative skill set
- High computer literacy and ability to get up to speed with new technology quickly
All candidates successful making it to the interview stage, will be contacted directly.
If you are interested in this role, we would like to hear from you!