Australia’s largest inflight caterer, we are chosen by many of the world’s airlines for our fresh award-winning meals and outstanding service.
Offering a suite of services, we are more than an inflight caterer. We also manage buy-on-board catering programs, provide inflight retail solutions, operate airport lounges and provide readymade meal manufacturing for export, airline and non-airline markets.
Parent company dnata - part of the Emirates Group – is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and inflight catering services in 85 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 270 airline customers around the world.
We are currently seeking a motivated, organised and experienced Schedule & Forecast Planner to join our Data & Planning team in Sydney.
This position is responsible for the management, implementation and on-going maintenance of the Airline schedules and forecast for all dnata Catering units within Australia.
This position will work closely with the Manager Data Services and the Data & Planning team in ensuring the schedule is implemented, tracked and measured against business objectives.
Key Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Airline Schedule and Forecast Performance
- Regular analysis of schedule and forecast performance, including consulting with National & Local Labour Planners and Business Partners Finance, in developing and extracting various reports from QAD, JDE, Groundstar and other Catering Systems.
- Schedule & Forecast Improvement and Optimisation
- Identifying opportunities for business improvement and working with Supply Chain and Menu Development teams including Data Services, Snap Fresh and local Purchasing and Inventory Teams to facilitate and improve business outcomes.
- Validation and synchronisation of Menu Builds and Data Integrity
- Tertiary Qualification in Business Analytics, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management or related business fields.
- Hands on experience in MRP (QAD/MFG-Pro or JD Edwards preferred) or related ERP computer system
- High skill level in data management, excel model development and report generation
- Forecasting / Demand Planning experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive and analytical approach to problem solving and capacity to produce results within a given timeframe
- Flexibility to travel interstate as may be required for national support and assistance. Flexibility to work hours, including shift and non-shift, to meet project requirements
- High proficiency in Excel and other MS Office Suite applications – advanced skills in excel model development and report generation will be highly valued
- Prior experience with manufacturing processing or similar activities
- Strong business analysis and project management skills
- Mature, self-motivated person with strong verbal and written communication skills, able to work unsupervised and as part of the management team
- Prior experience or working knowledge of MRP (QAD/JDE)
- Knowledge in SQL and Database Query
- Experience in Catering Production environment
- Significant knowledge of airline operations and procedures
On offer is five weeks annual leave, a great working environment and the opportunity to work with a friendly, engaged and award-winning team. You will be rewarded with a supportive culture within a large organisation.
If this sounds like you and you have drive, passion and experience to add value to this organisation, please apply. Please include a cover letter which clearly identifies your suitability for this role.
We thank all applicants in advance as only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.